PERMANENT OMBRÈ BROWS
4-8 week touch-up: $100
Ombré brows are a semi permanent tattoo lasting 1-3 years. Using a machine, this technique leaves behind a soft powdery finish within a crisp shape. The tails of the brow are darker and fade into a light start at the beginning of the brow, giving that eye-catching Ombré Makeup effect! This technique usually lasts longer than others and is suitable for clients with little to no hair, all skin types, anyone looking to have more defined brows.
DURATION: 3 HOURS
TOUCH-UP: 1.5 HOURS
DOES IT HURT?
Discomfort level is different for each individual depending on their own sensitivity level. Topical anaesthetic is applied for numbing during the procedure and reapplied as needed, while every effort is made to ensure you remain comfortable throughout the procedure. Typically, most clients say that it is no more painful than tweezing or threading.
HOW LONG IS THE HEALING PROCESS?
It is normal to experience minimal swelling and tenderness immediately following your procedure, which usually subsides within an hour or two. Your brows might appear darker or more intense for the first few days, which will gradually lighten during the healing process. Expect minimal peeling or shedding 3-6 days after initial tattoo procedure. During weeks 4-8 when the skin completes healing, you will see the pigments true colour become more visible. A Touch-Up session will be scheduled approximately 4-6 weeks after your initial appointment in order to achieve the desired colour and shape.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS ARE NEEDED?
A minimum of 2 treatments are usually needed, 4-8 weeks apart. Everyone heals differently and at different rates, most procedures look dramatically lighter after 1-2 weeks. While some clients might prefer this lighter colour others may prefer a bolder look. At the second treatment touch-up adjustments will be made as necessary.
- If you are under the age of 18
- If you are pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- If you are prone to keloid scarring
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- Dermatitis in the face
- Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
- Used Accutane in the past year
- Used Retin A or Retinol in the past 3 months
If you answered yes to any of the above, unfortunately you are not eligible for this procedure.
- No brow waxing, tinting, or threading 7 days prior (the more hair growth you have, the better!)
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Fish oil supplements or Advil/Ibuprofen 72 hours before procedure.
- N0 alcohol or caffeine 48 hours before procedure.
- Do not tan or have a sunburned face, Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to procedure.
- Avoid Chemical Peels, Micro-dermabrasion or Facials for 4-weeks prior to procedure
- Botox and filler on the forehead, temple, and eye area should be avoided 1 month prior to procedure
- If you plan to go on a holiday, it is recommended to plan your trip a minimum of 14 days after the procedure.
- Brows and surrounding area should be kept dry for 7-10 days, until peeling has finished.
- Avoid pools, saunas, steam rooms, hot showers and/or hot baths for 1 week.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for 1 week after your procedure. Direct sunlight can cause the pigment to change colour while it is healing and can also cause hyper pigmentation and scarring.
- Avoid sweating or working out for 5 days
- Avoid sleeping on your face/brows for the first 10 days.
- Avoid makeup on tattoo area until healed.
- The tattoo may have some peeling around day 3-5. This is a NORMAL process of healing for some clients. DO NOT PICK or SCRATCH... picking/scratching can cause scarring and loss of pigment. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off.
- Brows are not considered healed until 4 weeks after the initial service and after all crusting has exfoliated off.
Please contact us with any inquiries regarding permanent ombré brows